BISMARCK, N.D. – Applications are being accepted through May 24 for service on the North Dakota Ethics Commission, which was established through a voter-approved constitutional amendment last November.
Under the newly created Article XIV of the North Dakota Constitution, individuals are eligible to serve on the five-member Ethics Commission unless one of the following criteria apply:
- The individual holds a statewide elected or appointed public office.
- The individual is a candidate for statewide public office.
- The individual is a lobbyist.
- The individual is an employee of the legislative branch, including Legislative Council.
- The individual is an appointed agency director, serving in one of the Governor’s cabinet agencies.
Interested individuals may apply under the “Boards” section of the governor’s website at https://www.governor.nd.gov/boards/.
Appointments will be made by consensus agreement of the Governor, Senate Majority Leader and Senate Minority Leader.